Fabrics, Fibers, and Nonwovens – Engineered for Performance
For more than 40 years, DuPont has delivered the fabrics, fibers, and nonwovens industries and companies trust for performance, protection, and versatility of use.
With our track record of innovation and our dedicated team of scientists and engineers, DuPont has worked in collaboration with industries to develop new uses for these high performing materials including DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic and cut protection, DuPont™ Nomex® flame resistant fiber for fire dangers, DuPont™ Sorona® eco-fiber for versatile, design-freedom, DuPont™ Tyvek® for breathable barrier protection, and DuPont™ Tychem® for chemical protection..
From protecting workers, emergency response personnel, buildings, our environment and work to making automobiles and aircraft faster and more efficient, the fabrics, fibers, and nonwovens innovations we develop in partnership with industries are limitless.
- Kevlar® brand
- Tyvek® Protective Apparel
- Tychem® garments
- Tyvek® Brand
- DuPont™ Sorona®
- Nomex® Brand
- Nomex® for Automotive Heat Shield
- Nomex® for Aerospace Applications
The DuPont™ Tyvekr® Media Center features Tyvek® news, videos, events and insights, from the fabric used to help make a variety of clothing, accessories, and equipment safe and more durable.
- Thermo-Man® Demonstration Unit
- Protera® Fabric
- Flame Resistant Nomex®
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Reebok® Crossfit® Gear made with Kevlar®
- Industrial Safety
- Aerospace, Marine, & Rail
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Consumer Products made with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® for stronger Brake Pads, Clutches and Gaskets
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers for Perishables
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers for Pharmaceuticals
Sorona® for Automotive Carpet
When the design objective is durable, beautiful, fast-drying, stain-resistant automotive carpet, the more sustainable alternative to petroleum-based products is DuPont™ Sorona®. High-performance Sorona® fiber contains 37% renewably-sourced, plant-based content by weight and consumes less non-renewable energy during manufacture than nylon 6.
Sorona® for Casual Wear
DuPont™ Sorona® enhances casual wear fabrics when blended with both man-made fibers like polyester and natural textiles like cotton, wool, and linen.
- Sorona® Soft Fabric for Intimate Apparel
- DuPont Celebrates 50th Anniversary of DuPont™ Tyvek®
- DuPont Protection Solutions, Matching Performance to Threats with Enhanced DuPont™ Kevlar® XP and XD Technology Platforms
- Sorona® Oeko-Tex®-Certified
- IACP/DuPont™ Kevlar® Survivors’ Club® Inducts 27 Officers in 2016
- DuPont Protection Solutions collaborates with Belkin on premium line of cables built with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- IACP/DuPont™ Kevlar® Survivors’ Club® Celebrates 2016 Honoree of the Year
DuPont Announces Partnership with IQPC for the 14th Annual Cold Chain GDP & Temperature Management Logistics Global Forum
DuPont recently announced they are proudly sponsoring the 14th Annual Cold Chain GDP & Temperature Management Logistics Global Forum. DuPont will be joined by 850 temperature controlled life science leaders, September 26-30 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA.
Techplast Wins EMEA DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
DuPont Protection Technologies is pleased to announce the winner of the 2012 DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards. This year’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) award was bestowed to Techplast, a company based in Poland, for their innovative use of Kevlar® in SAFER® ultra-light composite cylinders.
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
- IACP/DuPont Celebrate Survivors Club Honoree
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Sponsors ESPN’s X Games Austin 2015
- DuPont and Reebok Collaborate on New Reebok CrossFit® Collection
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers Events
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers: Where to Buy
DuPont™ Tyvek® Trademarking and Licensing Information
DuPont™ Tyvek® trademarking and licensing information.
- How DuPont™ Sorona® is Made
- DuPont Bio-Based Products
- DuPont Industrial Biotech Solutions
- Jonäno Innovative Fabric and Sorona®
Sorona® and Bio-Based Product Labels
The USDA BioPreferred Certification of DuPont™ Sorona® means manufacturers can offer innovative products that customers can readily identify. Innovative products help reduce the use of fossil fuels and help reduce emissions.
- Sorona® for Stain-Resistant Carpet
Sorona® for Carpet Fibers
Carpet fibers produced with DuPont™ Sorona® deliver on all fronts: aesthetics, stain resistance, color fastness, ease of maintenance, and durability — yielding excellent results in Hexapod Walker and Vetterman Drum testing.
LEED® Certified Sorona®
Renewably Sourced™, low-VOC-emitting DuPont™ Sorona® could help your next building project become LEED® certified by earning points in several different areas, including Indoor Environmental Quality, Materials and Resources, Regional Priority, and Innovation in Design.
DuPont™ Sorona® and Carpet Recycling
Knowing the important role carpet recycling plays in helping the environment, DuPont research has proven that face fiber made with DuPont™ Sorona® can be shaved from the carpet backing, turned into pellets, and spun into new fiber. In fact, there are even more potential ways to recycle carpet made with Sorona®.